Life is not just worth LIVING. It's worth SHARING.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A HALF-TRUTH.

Years ago, I've been a really bad friend. Remember the famous proverb, that says "Make new friends, but keep the old; Those are silver, these are gold"? I was guilty of doing just the opposite of that. I was too caught up with a fledgling friendship that I considered to be heaven-sent thereby taking my old friends for granted. But I'm not saying that that friendship was not heaven-sent; of course, it was, just like all friendships are. What had been wrong was the act of disregarding my friends by doing seemingly "childish" stuff like not sharing secrets "meant for my heaven-sent friend only" and not spending enough bonding time with them which I preferred still to invest with my new friend. That seemingly heaven-sent friendship ended in just about a year, and it had a toll, a small-yet-very-existent gap that took a lot of work to overcome. Thankfully, everything went back to how it was. From that time forth, I learned my lesson "the hard way" as they say, and I wouldn't even try or think about doing that again.

Friendship is great. It enables us to survive in an undoubtedly harsh world. Thus, it is expected to be strong, overcoming all obstacles and trials between the two of you. Because if it is not so, what is there in friendship that will enable you to pursue what you want to do with an assurance that no matter what happens or does not happen a friend is still there to assist and stay with you? Without security, what is friendship? It is a useless half-truth waiting for completion and meaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home