Life is not just worth LIVING. It's worth SHARING.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

NEVER-ENDING MUSIC.

Taylor won American Idol V. No exclamations, of course: I never liked him EXCEPT for his last performance on the Finale with Proud, which more or less won him the bid for that much-coveted title. Still, I just can't SEE him as an "American Idol" or a pop icon. In fact, from the first time I saw him, he reminded me of just two people: Jay Leno and Kenny Rogers. And he even sounds like the Kenny Rogers-type. (to me, that is) I can't even believe that he's gotten into the Top 4! Of course, I had my own Top 4 with Chris, Katharine, Mandissa and Paris. I thought that one of them would win, but I guess not. It's still not in me to be believe that that "Soul Patrol" won. His last song was the only good thing I've heard from him the whole season, and I hate that he's won just because of that.

Though he's won, if he will not have a good array of songs perfectly suited for him just like Proud, I really think he'll never make it to being a true music idol. The people will then realize that he was no Idol but just a reality TV fad star.

------------------------------------------------------------

Alongside visual arts, music is one of my most loved things. Music may be intangible but it's a force that has a lot of impacts in my life. When I feel really nervous, I sing, and I'll just have the right amount of jitter to keep me going. When I'm alone, I listen to MP3s or sing to reminisce all those almost-forgotten feelings in the past. The Thong Song reminds me of those friendships lost and retained as the years went by, even the energy of those days. Breathless reminds me of a friend's house and how I used to hang out there waiting for the driver to fetch me. I Wanna Know brings back old childish quarrels which were as if the hardest problems I had to face while 214 those carefree times during my last year in high school when I felt a strong urge for change.

Music, as a song, a melody or in any form, has the power to not only deliver what it was made to do. It can even record the past between its lines and notes, truly a magical thing we don't usually appreciate that much. Music is magic. It flows with the wind. It stops the world from moving. It touches our hearts in places we no longer visit on our own. It is, for me, a force of nature we don't usually notice. A wallpaper left unnoticed but by itself a witness to the lives we live. That's why I love music.

It's a magic that's available for everyone.

------------------------------------------------------------

Some of the songs that I really love:
-With a Smile by Eraserheads (not that crappy SB version)
-214 by Rivermaya (its instrumentals at the start REALLY hits me hard)
-Breathless by The Corrs
-One Sweet Day by Mariah
-When You Tell Me That You Love Me by Vonzell(of AI IV)
-My Immortal by Evanescence
-'Til They Take My Heart Away by Kyla
-Say My Name by Destiny's Child
-Break Away by Kelly Clarkson
-Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson
-Kailan by Ryan Cayabyab

Some of the songs I really hate:
-KLSP by Spongecola
-Can't Let You Go by Cueshe (gives me goosebumps)
-F.U. by Bamboo (just because it ruined my liking for the band)
-With a Smile sang by Southborder (SB sucks!)

Most loved artists:
-The Corrs
-Destiny's Child
-Eraserheads
-Rivermaya
-Mariah Carey
-Kelly Clarkson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home