Life is not just worth LIVING. It's worth SHARING.

Monday, July 11, 2005

THREE FREE DAYS.

We had a three-day weekend. Here's a summary:

o0o

Free Day #1: July 8, 2005
Rating: 3/10 (Crap)

An hour before noon, I arrived at Grace. Terence was waiting for me, because he was to consult with Mrs. Cy-Tan, who BTW is the Math Princess of Grace, and I wanted to hitch along. When I saw him, he was with Ja and Ange talking to our Junior English instructor Ms. Dacanay. We had a long chit-chat before going to the grade school building for something Terence had to do. Unfortunately, our tiring walk up the stairs ended up wasted, because he didn't know someone's surname... Gosh... I'm confused myself. Let's just move on. We went to the office -by that time, Ralph came- and Terence asked a math question to Mrs. Cy-Tan. She said she'd just text him the answer. And that was it. I didn't really come to Grace only for that. I was actually expecting more because of the effort I had to give just to get up early from bed. *sigh*

Terence and Ange left, and the rest of us went upstairs to do some frolicking. After that, we walked to Terence's "mansion" ahahaha in Bellevue to borrow his basketball for Ja and Ralph to use. That time, Ja and I were really thirsty, so we asked our host for water. Then we ended up chit-chatting again about past and present stuff. I said that I had to go to Ateneo to meet my ES groupmates, but Ja kept on insisting for me not to go.

I REALLY wanted to stay, but still, by 1:30, I was on my way to Ateneo. Tricycle to 5th ave. LRT to Doroteo Jose. LRT 2 to Katipunan. By that time, my groupmates were already texting me, asking me where I was. Unfortunately, they were already done with our project and I was damn guilty and frustrated sitting in a trike in a traffic jam in Katipunan. They were actually just waiting for the diskette of pictures I had with me. I felt really stupid. I should have come earlier. I arrived there about a quarter to four. I just gave them the diskette and we left. Really depressed then, so I called Lauren and incidentally, she was in Katipunan with her granny and mom. I met her there at the Sweet Inspiration, and we chatted while we were eating. Thanks again to Mrs. Sonia Tantuco for the food. :) I just discovered that her granny who BTW is very very friendly was a teacher in Chang Kai where my motherside line studied. Lauren had to go to a friend's party, so we departed. I rode a trike. Then LRT 2. LRT to 5th Ave and waited for my uncle to fetch me. He arrived by six and we arrived home by six-thirty. After that was a blur. I can't remember. It's useless stuff.

Free Day #2: July 7, 2005
Rating: 7/10 (Good)

It was supposed to be a class thing, but it ended up with only seven of us watching Fantastic Four (Ja, Jon, Lauren, Paul, Awi, Dan and me) in Promenade. Before watching we ate in ASAP California Kitchen if I'm not mistaken, and I hated evrything in that damned place. It was pretty expensive, but I really did not enjoy the food. It's a certified TAGA place.

Then the movie. Fantastic Four, with an utterly unknown cast for me except for the beautiful Jessica Alba and McMahon who played Cole in Charmed, was an okay movie adaptation of the comic but it wasn't "fantastic." There were obvious differences from the comics such as Victor von Doom's power and transformation, Doom with them in space, Sue and Reed's relationship, etc, but it didn't harm their being Fantastic Four. As I said, it was okay, but something was terribly missing. I'm not really sure, but maybe it's the lack of excitement. Not that it didn't have plot complications or battle sequences, but it just failed to capture my whole attention. If compared to Spiderman 2 and X-Men 2, there'd be no comparison, but as a movie, it's above average. But also for your info, my friends really really liked it. Maybe, I was just hard to please that day. I'll just watch it some other time. Go watch it. It's still worth your money and your precious time.

Actually, the best thing that day was that I was with my high school buds, and just being with them was really fun. No extra efforts. No complications. Just simple comfy fun.

Free Day #3: July 10, 2005
Rating: 6/10 (Not bad)

This is today. I woke up early to answer some math exercises to get a bit ready for Thursday's Math Long Exam #2... tick tock... Lunch... tick tock... Then Diana and I had telebabad while I scribbled some math stuff. Four came, it was the UAAP green vs blue game. We finished our telebabad, and I surfed the net to read A Rose for Emily since I lost my Lit 13 book. It was a bit long, but it was good. I got the vocabs and searched for them one by one in the dictionary. I chatted with my friends in YM then I wrote this. BTW the Archer got the Eagle... Sad... But that's reality... i hope they do better next time. I'd really hate another landslide loss.

o0o

Sorry for my weird writing. I suddenly felt uninspired. The things I still got to do is really bugging me. So au revoir!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home